Thursday, June 15, 2006

There's Only New Music So That There's New Ringtones

The Arctic Monkeys defy their own lyrics, their music most assuredly being more important and crucial than a simple ringtone. Last night they played at the Roseland Ballroom, which was absolutely incredible. It's a miracle I managed to get in given the fact that I showed up 30 minutes after the doors opened with no ticket, but thanks to those sweet little scalpers, I cautiously paid my $40 for a ticket that actually worked and made my way inside. We Are Scientists were OK - the only aspect of their set that really stood out was their phenomenal drummer and when Alex Turner and the drummer for Arctic Monkeys came onstage to help them out with one song.

When the Arctic Monkeys finally took the stage at about 9PM, the Douche Troop to my left were thoroughly smashed and ready to mosh the hell out of anyone that stood in their way. Other than that, however, the show blew me away. See the Arctic Monkeys if you get the chance - buy their album now - love every song.

Also, Regina Spektor played an in-store at Tower Records two nights ago to celebrate the release of her new album "Begin To Hope" featuring Nick Valensi on minimal guitars to add a little depth to her previously stark, yet intimate sound. The entire CD is wonderful and (thank God) managed to escape being the victim of over-production that is so common with the first big release from a previously small-time artist. See Regina Spektor if you get the chance - buy her album now - love every song.

1 comment:

Jake Freedom said...

Scram diesel. I love you but your links on your blog don't work. I'm sorry, but you're fired.