Monday, March 03, 2008

Delivering Gen Rx

I fell out of blogging for quite a while, but I have an idea.

I work for a local drug store here in Fayetteville delivering medication (and the occasional order of ten Klondike bars for Mrs. C and the four liters of Mountain Dew for Mr. H) to the poor, the sick, the elderly, and the exceedingly rich. Needless to say, I get let in on a diverse cross-section of Fayetteville - I go from one-room, roach infested "apartments" to the underfunded City Hospital to the mansion of, ironically enough, the CEO of the largest nursing care supply company in the country.

It's a rich job in the way of experience, to say the least.

So I'll start posting little bits of my day here on blogspot, but I'm not going to say very much, because these experiences tend to happen in the span of a door opening, an exchanging of money for meds, and the subsequent close of the door.

---------

[At City Hospital, 2-2-08, 10AM]

Old Woman in wheelchair: Hello [smiles].
Me, in passing: How ya' doin'?
Old Woman: Well, I guess I'm living [smiles].

No comments: