Sunday, May 21, 2006

I am listening to hear where you are.

How does something great begin? Is it wrong to want to create something beautiful in the eyes of others, or is the real goal to simply never stop creating and eventually something will shine?

Jeff Mangum - Neutral Milk Hotel - what fueled that strangely fantastic Aeroplane Over the Sea?

Maybe it comes from the busyness of New York City or the solitude of Walden Pond -

Extremes!

People seem to love unimaginable extremes that either quiet the heart so tenderly to a soft whisper or blow it up to reverberate so brilliantly and loudly in the soul.

My hands and heart and head are dying to put something down that mattered, matters, will matter - anything.

Anything true! Devoid of Bullshit!

I am a hypocrite, I am selfish and lazy, but I am a human who must overcome these things just like any other - and screw those who say "be careful how you use the word 'love'" -

I LOVE.

I want people to know God's deep, ridiculous, weird, incredible desire to listen to our lives, speak to our hearts, be involved with you and I in the wildest adventure of the heart and soul and all of the other things that sound beautiful and deep and holy.

I want so badly to leave something behind not so Samuel Slaton would be rememberd, but so people would be inspired to live GREATLY!

Thank You -
Bob Dylan
Jeff Mangum
Paul McCartney
Bill McShane
Jack Kerouac
Ray LaMontagne
J.R.R. Tolkien
The Little Toaster
Girl Who Gave Me Her #
Jeff Buckley
Kid Who Smiled
Couple Holding Hands
Inventor of Bazooka Joe Gum
John Coltrane
Neal Cassidy
Jerry Garcia
My Parents
Einstein (dog)
Honeysuckle
TRAINS
Sun(set)(rise)(shine)
First Kisses!
Cool t-shirts
Whatever the Hell Makes You Want TO LIVE GREATLY!

Be enormous - beyond yourself - send a whispered prayer to the stars,
scream at the horizon - run naked and thank God for the wind.

We were not meant to live in Suburbs and fake small talk and dance around insecurities.

Derek Webb - I'm in. Broadcast my life to the whole world - Lord, show my sins and all the shit you've rescued me from. Give sweet dreams to the homeless, let me smile unrestrained at every beautiful person you created - Lord, spend time with me - give me an outlet, open the floodgates. Let me never find it acceptable to live without passion. Let me ignore the cries of my heart to change so others will like me.

Scream! Show excitement and wonder and pity and care - CRY when you see something beautiful.

Be strange
Ridiculous
Incredible
Entirely true
ALIVE!
In-tune
Ready to ListenlistenlistenHEAR
Speak sans words
Hold her tightly
Hold him near

WALK ON WATER TOWARDS AND FOR: LOVE.
Trust God to create and calm the storms at the perfectly right time.

Drink wine and read poetry with other men.
Find beauty in "authentic manhood"
Respect women -
Do everything the
way God created the
heart to do it.

I am on your side and
SO
ALIVE.
RyanAdams.

I am a badass because God loves me.

Thank you Peter Marsh.

1 comment:

Jake Freedom said...

It's true. I believe it. FIGHT.